Happy Birthday, NOLA!
1. A Promise at Sobibor: A Jewish Boy’s Story of Revolt and Survival in Nazi-Occupied Poland by Philip “Fiszel” Bialowitz
2. Creole World: Photographs of New Orleans and the Latin American Sphere by Richard Sexton
3. A Bucket of Blessings by Kabir Seghal
5. Come Landfall by Roy Hoffman
7. Eyelid Lick by Donald Dunbar; Only Jesus Could Icefish in Summer by Abraham Smith; Dear Jenny We Are All Find by Jenny Zhang; Unfathomable City: A New Orleans Atlas (hardcover) by Rebecca Solnit and Rebecca Snedeker
8. The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud; Accidental City: Improvising New Orleans by Lawrence N. Powell; The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America by George Packer; Unfathomable City: A New Orleans Atlas (paperback) by Rebecca Solnit and Rebecca Snedeker; Natchez Burning by Greg Iles; The Fault Is in Our Stars by John Green
10: Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty; The Moviegoer by Walker Percy, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan; Part: Short Life Housing by Chris Cheek; Pirates You Don’t Know, and Other Adventures in the Examined Life: Collected Essays by John Griswold; Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward; Leaving the Sea: Stories by Ben Marcus; Tampa; King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood; Some Birds by Sylvaine Sancton; Black-Eyed Heifer by Shelly Taylor; New Orleans Observed: Drawings and Observations of America’s Most Foreign City by Errol Barron; Geographies of New Orleans: Urban Fabric Before the Storm by Richard Campanella; Hope & New Orleans: A History of Crescent City Street Names by Sally Asher; New Orleans A to Z by Jennifer Zdon; Hope Against Hope: Three Schools, One City, and the Struggle to Educate America’s Children by Sarah Carr